doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Dwight Beske Ks end of quail season - 02/06/11 10:31 PM
1st pics for me. Hunting in Ks the last weekend of season. Tried out my Manufrance Ideal grade 5 with some 16 ga 7/8 oz spreader loads. Nice handling gun. The dogs did their part as well.

Posted By: rabbit Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/06/11 11:07 PM
Never seen this one before. I've got red Xs in boxes which usually lead nowhere but clicking on these boxes takes me to jpgbox.com where there are indeed pictures of you and your Ideal (can see the sling) and your pointers. I think there are quail in there also but the sizing is pretty small to see em.

jack
Posted By: rabbit Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/06/11 11:08 PM
And now I've got pictures replacing boxes.

jack
Posted By: Dwight Beske Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/06/11 11:25 PM
This was from Binko's instructions in the photo posting primer. I had to resize the pics in order for the site to take the the pics. I did not realize that when you click on the pics on this site it takes you back to my resized pics on the photo hosting site. I am just trying to learn the picture posting requirements for to make all things work.
Posted By: postoak Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/07/11 12:57 AM
Dwight please tell us about your Ideal, and post some close up photos please.
Posted By: Dwight Beske Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/07/11 01:54 AM
I took it over to my smith on Friday to have the brls blued because of some minor pitting in a couple of places. Not too noticible but wanted to get it fixed on a nice gun like the Ideal. My notes are at my office but it is right at 6 lbs with 27 1/4 or 3/16 brls mod/im,no ejectors. Straight hand stock with basket weave type checkering. The gun was built early 1930s, I think 1931 but will have to check my notes. The gun is a very good fit for me with about 2 5/8 drop at heel and 14" lop.

I have another plain O grade 16 with 29" brls built about around 1911. It does not have the rising byte type action. A screw holds the forpiece on, you unscrew to take it off. Both guns have the retractable sling. My son who took the pics was shooting the older gun that day. The newer gun had stronger proof marks. I can take some pics of the older gun and perhaps stop at the smith shop and take some of the newer one when I get a chance.
Posted By: postoak Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/07/11 02:58 AM
Dwight thanks. I have a 16 Ga. No7(?) and a 12 Ga. No6.

Your No0 sounds intersting as I have never seen one with that configuration. My 16 is 5 lbs 14 Oz.
Posted By: wingshooter16 Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/07/11 03:06 AM
May I inquire if that is the grade 5 that was recently on Gunbroker?
Posted By: Dwight Beske Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/07/11 03:13 AM
The grade 5 was not on gunbroker that I am aware of. There were some others but I don't remember any 5s.
Posted By: Terry Lubzinski Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/07/11 04:01 AM
Hi Dwight, enjoyed our visit at Vegas. Glad to see you have got in some quality trigger time.Took the liberty of re-posting your pic a little larger. Terry

Posted By: Dwight Beske Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/07/11 05:00 AM
Thanks Terry, I have quite a bit to learn about pic taking and posting. Postoak, what length brls are on your guns?
Posted By: postoak Re: Ks end of quail season - 02/08/11 02:09 AM
Dwight both are 27 1/2 barrel guns.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com