doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Doug Fore "Fin & Feather" Saturday - 09/27/10 04:15 PM
Had a nice "Fin & Feather" combo Saturday near Gore, OK. Thanks to Don McDaniel and Marval Trout Resort... my 91 year old Ithaca had a great time as well smile

Any memorable combo hunt/fish, ect..???

Doug
Posted By: David Williamson Re: "Fin & Feather" Saturday - 09/27/10 08:22 PM
Nice shooting and a nice bunch of rainbows. Both would make a nice meal together.
Posted By: Doug Fore Re: "Fin & Feather" Saturday - 09/27/10 09:48 PM
Thanks, good point. My friend, the wine connoisseur, recommends "a nice sauvignon blanc would be perfect. a light white wine with good acidity and hints of lemon and citrus notes" ...
Posted By: Fin2Feather Re: "Fin & Feather" Saturday - 09/28/10 04:03 PM
Nice! Stocked trout?
Posted By: Doug Fore Re: "Fin & Feather" Saturday - 09/28/10 07:17 PM
There are both in the lower Illinois river, but I'd have to say these were definitely 'stocked' fish, about the dumbest trout I've ever seen... : ) But it could've just been they were tired of seeing 'rattle traps on 12# line" thrown at them ??? Took a little less than an hour with ultra light spinning gear, 2# leader and a 3" "Lucky Lady" on a #12 long shank wire hook, had 3 pounding it(spitting it) out at the same time at one point.... they should hand out heart meds with the trout tag.....
It was my first time here http://www.marvalresort.com/
a scouting trip for future camping with the kids..... a very family oriented resort, we'll be going back with the kids and granny...
Posted By: Doug Fore Re: "Fin & Feather" Saturday - 09/09/20 04:53 PM
Ha! It only took ten years to recreate this one... another "Fin & Feather' Saturday! With 10 out of 12 of our lease fields uncut because of the rain it was necessary to 'improvise, adapt and overcome' wink [img:center]20200904_095839_4 by Doug Fore, on Flickr[/img]
[img:center]http://20200905_182601_2 by Doug Fore, on Flickr[/img]
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com