doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: phideaux2003 OK I've got a new gun! - 01/25/10 01:46 PM
Purchased a Miroku My luck 20 bore this weekend at the Houston Gun Collectors gun show. Here's a few pictures...

Alright... What can you guys tell me about this gun? Seller said it was made in the '50's. Any truth to that? I can see that it's an A&D boxlock, double Purdy Underbites, hidden 3rd fastener. Holland style ejector system. Are the barrels chopper lump? The barrel bead appears to be Ivory. Could it be? Any serial number/DOM codes I need to know?

Help me out.
Posted By: popplecop Re: OK I've got a new gun! - 01/25/10 02:08 PM
Looks like a great purchase, nice looking double. A picture of the barrel flats and the bottom of the locking lugs might help.
Posted By: PA24 Re: OK I've got a new gun! - 01/25/10 03:27 PM
Very nice gun with excellent reliable quality throughout....

Smart purchase....
Posted By: phideaux2003 Re: OK I've got a new gun! - 01/25/10 03:31 PM
I'll try and get a decent picture of the flats and lugs. They appear to be chopper lump, but I can't quite tell. There is a faint line the sides of the lugs (like in between the lugs and in the recesses for the lock bars, I can see a line running down the center fo the lug) but if you look at the top (like you're looking at the flats, looking down on the lugs) there doesn't seem to be a weld. I'll have to get the picture posted tomorrow.
Posted By: eightbore Re: OK I've got a new gun! - 01/25/10 04:15 PM
A friend owns a box lock "My Luck" 12 gauge 32" gun and loves it. It is a very nice gun, but not engraved like yours. It is blued, very plain, and with very little engraving. I would buy it in a minute.
Posted By: Replacement Re: OK I've got a new gun! - 01/25/10 07:01 PM
Hard to tell from those pics, but that's about the nicest Miroku boxlock I have seen. Even better in 20 gauge.
Posted By: Patriot USA Re: OK I've got a new gun! - 01/25/10 11:55 PM
That's a lQQker! Daly/Miroku 500 SXSs were chopperlump.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com