doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: SIXSKB Verney-Carron Chokes - 10/13/09 12:32 PM
How can you tell designation? There is a "7" stamped on each barrel flat. Both bores mike at the muzzzle .715". I am suspicious that the barrels have been cut, 26 1/8", no front bead, but it appears as if it was specially ordered. The gun is again proffusely engraved with an engraved monogram on the trigger guard. This and the previous Alex R. Thomson came from Scotland in the 1940's.
Posted By: SIXSKB Re: Verney-Carron Chokes - 10/15/09 01:03 PM
Someone on this board must know the location and designations? As stated I believe the barrels have been shortened, "just a little", professionally done. Barrels still meet but the dark bluing on the muzzles is suspicious.
Posted By: Sliver Re: Verney-Carron Chokes - 10/15/09 03:13 PM
Any pics?
Posted By: Sliver Re: Verney-Carron Chokes - 10/15/09 03:13 PM
Any pics?
Posted By: SIXSKB Re: Verney-Carron Chokes - 10/15/09 08:03 PM
Again this gun is about 150 mi. away. This is part of a collection of guns and fly rods bequethed to the local Trout Unlimited Chapter by a member that recently died. I viewed the guns last week and am trying to assist in disposal by getting as much info as possible. The gentleman that is holding it all will attempt to send me pics.
Posted By: L. Brown Re: Verney-Carron Chokes - 10/19/09 11:25 AM
Fairly unusual to find any choke designation on French guns. Since the gun is French, the barrels would almost certainly be metric measure rather than English. Maybe 66 cm?
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com