doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Salopian The Countryman's Voting Power - 02/19/09 06:37 PM
I read an interesting snippet today.
Apparently 250,000 witnessed The President's investiture live.
Whilst 400,000 marched on London in the Countryside Alliance's appeal against the Hunting Ban.
We haven't stopped yet, and we never will.
Posted By: leo toralballa Re: The Countryman's Voting Power - 02/19/09 07:38 PM
Well done, Peter. I do have some fond memories of young ladies in body-painted pink from a prior march. I'd have posted them, but herself seems to have erased the file.
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: The Countryman's Voting Power - 02/19/09 08:14 PM
The general consensus appears to be that just over 1 million people attended the inauguration live. LBJ still holds the record with 1.2 million.
Posted By: King Brown Re: The Countryman's Voting Power - 02/19/09 08:16 PM
Any guesstimates of how many would march on Ottawa and Washington to support the shooting sports? Most men get in their pickups to go to the mailbox around here. No one walks any more.
Posted By: pedler Re: The Countryman's Voting Power - 02/19/09 09:08 PM
King
It took us six and a half hours on a bus to get to Ottawa to protest against the gun registry. Hopefully a new bill will be passed soon to get rid of it.
Take Care Pedler
Posted By: DAM16SXS Re: The Countryman's Voting Power - 02/20/09 03:59 PM
As it is my obligation as a citizen of the U.S.A. to vote, and I always do, so too is it my obligation to make my voice heard in full support of the Second Ammendment, probably the most functional part of our Constitution. Our Constitution was conceived and written not by government, but by a group of very intuitive citizens as an outline by which the government of the U.S.A. must conduct itself and the Second Ammendment was put in place to guard over the government and to secure the rights of the free citizens of this nation.

Short answer... yes, I'll be there.
Posted By: King Brown Re: The Countryman's Voting Power - 02/20/09 04:12 PM
I see our defence minister Peter on this issue frequently and he's on our side so let's hope so. He was against it from Day One.
Posted By: dblfever Re: The Countryman's Voting Power - 02/20/09 04:44 PM
Started by MRCGO, a Mi. gun owners group. http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com