Thank you George- spoken like a true Southern Gentleman- like my pal from just East of Atlanta, GA- ex- USA 75th Rangers- two tours in Vietnam- He has given me the "background" on General Nathan Bedford Forrest and his old-line family ties to the Deep South- even though I am a damn Yankee"- I spent most of my stateside duty in the South- and have learned to love the food and gentility that seems to be strangely missing from "The Heartland" today. I very much appreciate your comment that even though I am "long winded- and I will admit it freely. I suppose that is a major fault of mine- but as they say, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks- Patton holds a special spot in military history for me- I enlisted, when we had the draft in the 1960's- and like my buddy from Flowery Branch- went for the units that offered the best training for survival-and weeded out the "slackers and non-hackers"- also, my first wife's Father served with Patton's Third Army at Bastogne- received the bronze Star and a Purple Heart-so when I honor Patton's memory, to my way of thinking anyway, I also honor his- TAPS RWTF!!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/26/08 09:15 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..