Everybody - great, great thread! Hansli - great, great job on the Berreta 426!

Hansli, I would appreciate it very much if you would describe the exact components, proportions and timing considerations of the "Salipian Finish" you used on the 426. I frankly cannot find the finish described in its entirety within the thread and want as rock solid a reference as possible so I can go about assembling my own batch. If you have suggestions on more modern, or "in-use" names for some of the substances that may be included, that would help a lot, too.

On a different note and, granted, not much work with Bethlen's products has been carried out yet, would you speculate on whether Bethen's Blood Red could be considered a substitute or replacement for Alkanet Root, or whether there are unique properties to each, making for each a a clear-cut niche? (I understand the advantage of Bethlen's analine die and its proprietary carrier penetrating Tru-Oil, etc.)

Next, what advantage did you see in applying two treatments of mehogany first, before applying Blood Red? If you were to come up to this step again, would you consider mixing mahogany and Blood Red together and then simply applying the mix until you achieved your sought color?

Last, how are you going to approach coloring newly cut checkering panels?

Would very much appreciate your help.