just took a look at the guns for sale listings, not all of them, but several pages in and noticed that there are a couple of adds that mention the guns listed were sold rather quickly via other venues .. my thought would be to list them here alone for the first couple of days anyway as a courtesy to both other participants on the BBS and to Dave.

not suggesting there was anything wrong and can and do appreciate the sellers' taking the time to make the remark as to the guns' disposition & sold status .. rather it is a question of why bother to list here if you are not going to give it a chance to work? Seems to me we have an an unusually good audience here for the items being listed and too, we should all consider Dave's continued financial viability for this enterprise. Having the 'guns for sale' facet active helps support that.

I'm without a big feel for Jim's expressed concerns, so can't voice an opinion of any weight there, but do think deals are best finalized privately on the phone when possible, photographs and accurate descriptions notwithstanding.

edit: I do think it is discourteous for someone to make inappropriate remarks &/or queries when a seller has specifically asked otherwise. Sometimes those requests from a seller may have to do with how their computers are configured or their ISP connection & it is simply a great deal of extra work for them to respond otherwise. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, but that one comes to mind.

Last edited by tw; 05/21/08 04:58 AM.