I recently picked up a 28" 12 ga. Dakin made by G. Arizaga with a silvered receiver, pistol grip and blued barrels that I reduced to 22" for Cowboy Action Shooting. Used it in a match over the weekend shooting a black powder sub (APP) with 50 gr. BP eq. 1-1/8 oz. loads. This is the nicest handling SXS I've ever used. The stock is a delight. It also has a perfect weight (6 lbs. 10 ozs.) for the load. I normally shoot a Win. 97 with smokeless 7/8 oz. loads, which is an easy to use setup. When I shoot black powder (a special CAS Frontier Cartridge Category), I've mainly been using a 20" Stoger Coach Gun. Compared to the Dakin, the Stoger is like using a 2X4 for a baseball bat. For what it's worth, I also have a Win 24, Daly/Miroku 500, and mint Stevens 311 that I've left in their original lengths and occasionally are used with BP for CAS.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone can provide some info on the G. Arizaga? I'd kind of like to get another with a straight stock.

"An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit." - PLINY THE YOUNGER