Gee Jack . . . all I did in one case was add a smiley face, I think. Didn't change the meaning of anything; just trying to add a bit of humor to your dour argument. And I note that the post immediately above says "Edited by Jack Maloney". Only a hypocrite would suggest someone else shouldn't edit when he himself does the same thing. Do as I say, not as I do . . . right, Jack? Well, that goes right along with confusing yourself with Adams and Jefferson.

As for the specifics outlined by the founding fathers, my copy of the Declaration of Independence includes over two dozen SPECIFIC reasons why the United States ought to be "free and independent". As to cost, I agree with you that the founding fathers "didn't even have the luxury of successful examples to emulate". You, on the other hand, claim to have all kinds of successful examples to emulate--which clearly removes your lame excuse not to get down to specifics, including cost.

Jack, I'll leave you to put on your powdered wig and do a poor imitation of one of the founders of our country. You've exceeded my humor quota for the day. One more post like either of the last two and I'm likely to hurt myself due to excess laughter.