Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Don't be silly, Jack. My proposition--as you well know--is no more "straight and unqualified" than is your suggesting that universal health care always has positive outcomes.

If anyone can find any suggestion in my posts that universal health care "always has positive outcomes," please copy and post a quote here. I'll even promise not to sneak back and surreptitiously change what I said!

The "gun laws = lower homicide rates" proposition was unsupportable from the start - but its author defended it tenaciously until his lame, late-in-the-game "ha ha I was just kidding" line.

The causal connection between government-provided pre- and post-natal care and infant mortality is well documented and widely acknowledged in the medical field. So are the vast differences in administration cost between government-run UHC systems and America's for-profit private health industry. So are the vast differences in prescription drug costs.

And yes, the pharmaceutical companies make good profits under UHC - they just don't make as much as they do here, where their grip on the short hairs of the ill is protected by the politicians. That is why I SPECIFICALLY posted that ObamaCare and HillaryCare universal health plans would have negative outcomes.

Last edited by jack maloney; 02/28/08 01:44 PM.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com