Hi all, well I have a story that may interest some of you. Yesterday, I went to our local Sporting Good Store (Scheels) to sell a SxS (Fabarms Classic Lion I) to help defry the cost of another SxS I'm buying. Well get to the store with gun in hand and wait for the "Shotgun" manager to look at it. He unzips the case and looks at the gun with wide eyes saying "Now this is a nice gun!" He goes in the back (for about 20 min.) comes back and asks how much I want. I tell him about $1200 or a fair offer. He nods his head and says "Well I think we can see about that". Now he goes to another part of the store (this time for about 30 min). Comes back and says that this must be a rare bird, because he can't find it in the Blue Book (He's looking under HK not Fabarms). He then says "I'll be right back" goes again to the back, comes out and goes to another part of the store, returns and tells me what I want and what they can give me are worlds apart (like from the Sun to Pluto). He says they will give me $400 for it. Well, as you can guess I say NO. When I asked him why so low, he states, "Well this has a straight stock and DT and we don't really sell them all that well" In the back rack, they have lots of CZ Bobwhites (which BTW they do sell a few of them).

I wondered why he wasted over an hour of my time (and his) just to tell me that they don't sell SxS with english stocks and DT? I bet, they wanted to see if I was stupid and sell it cheap (like I really needed the $$) or someone in the store wanted that gun.

Needless to say I will not ply my trade there.

Anything like this happened to any of you?

All the best!!

Greg

P.S. I posted this on another forum, thought some of you would get a kick out of it.

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret