No Ed, this should stay up. It is honest information about a clearly deceptive listing. It can be clearly documented that gun was refinished and that was not in the description or answered correctly when a direct question was asked to the dealer. And any dealer who has been dealing in high grade guns as long as he has knows. He may decide to ignore or pretend but he knows. Would be interesting to know who the winning bidder was. I am not saying this dealer was the auction buyer but who knows.

I do know high end dealers, who would have very little problem showing you if a gun has been restored. If the blue under the fore end is even in color with the rest I think refinish. Wear in hidden places is expected. If the stock and metal gun has zero dents, nicks or scratches after 50-100 years I think refinish. If edges are not crisp I think refinish. If it looks too good then I become much more careful. Still this is a beautiful gun and one I would be happy to own and shoot. Guns are just not investments, they are to be used and enjoyed in my lifetime.

Eightbore, you can cut and paste the line for a quick search. Came right up for me that way.

Last edited by KY Jon; 04/11/24 10:08 AM.