I did attend the sale rather than my usual online as I was more than interested in a few of the Scottish guns but when Simon R had most of those I was keen on laid out in the TGS video a few days before I just knew that silly prices were going to be the order of the day. The Harkom boxlock in my opinion went for crazy money especially as on physical inspection, and to my eye at least, the 12b is far less pretty than the 16 or 20 - the same distinctive carved fences but too 'bulky' for me.

The Dicksons attracted attention as always but I was amazed when the "Dickson and Son' 16b boxlock non-ejector hammered at 1300 GBP (plus fees) against an estimate of 3-500 especially as it was not a Dickson made gun and according to some, guns marked as such weren't even retailed by John Dickson & Son.

The W J Jeffery boxlock ejector was nice, the first time I'd really looked at one. It had long-ish barrels, a file cut rib and 2 3/4" chambers. For me at least it felt a good weight, with good LoP and even with the 'lefty' swept triggers I could see it would make a nice all round gun for clays and game use.

Now to the sealed bids....:)

Dan R