FAB, I become more and more cynical about the gun trade, which starts to resemble the carpet merchants I used to buy from 50 years ago in Pakistan.

Je deviens de plus en plus cynique à propos du commerce des armes à feu, qui commence à ressembler aux marchands de tapis que j'achetais il y a 50 ans au Pakistan.

This gun was advertised as having 75mm chambers. However, after blowing up the only photograph, trying to enhance it, I cannot identify the chamber markings and therefore don't trust it.

Ce fusil était annoncé comme ayant des chambres de 75 mm. Cependant, après avoir agrandi la seule photographie, en essayant de l'améliorer, je ne peux pas identifier les marques de la chambre et donc je ne lui fais pas confiance.

1). Didier Drevet barrel dated 1924; 1924 - 16571??; gun number 1080 for gun labeled "Excelsior." (per other ads for Excelsior's in the period which are chronologically serial numbered apparently). 10 gauge ( 19.2); chamber: 75mm (chambered in mm)(3"). mod�le EXCELSIOR .
http://www.naturabuy.fr/Fusil-juxtapose-Artisanal-Francais-occasion-Calibre-10-item-2824879.html

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Trying to figure out the Didier Drevet barrel SN of this barrel is also proving quite difficult. I've finally settled on "16571"?? This would be close to the Didier-Drevet average of 300-400 barrels made per year factoring in the other guns on the graph. Any higher SN would mean the company ramped up production in these post WWI years.

Last edited by Argo44; 07/22/23 11:27 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch