Originally Posted By: Mike Harrell
I bought some baize, pearl glue and interior boards from them. Shipping was only 10 pounds. That should be enough to redo my case.

I know this is an old thread.... But I'm wondering how your cloth and project worked out.

I'm considering three options for sourcing baize for a project and would like to get opinions.

Here are info and prices, including shipping (links to pages):

1. Peter Dyson- 1 yard of 30" wide 'premium baize' fabric, $70
2. Blatt Billiards- 1 yard of 66" wide Simonis 860 (27oz 90% worsted, 10% nylon), $72
3. William Booth 1 yard of 60" wide Broad cloth (28oz 100% worsted, 'light nap'), $46.50

Right now I'm leaning in the direction of the Simonis 860. Peter Dysons cloth is tempting, but they don't say exactly what your getting, it will take longer to ship from Britland to the Bayou, and the cost is twice that of the Simonis.

I would like to keep the restoration authentic, so if you all say that Dyson 'baize' is the genuine stuff and Simonis is not, I might go that route.

Don't really know what to think of the thick broad cloth from Willam Booth. Sounds a lot like baize, but I suspect there is a difference. Good thing is you can order as little as a quarter yard ($8.50), so a sample of fabric is possible.

Jim