Originally Posted By: BrentD
I saw those tools when you posted them before. Amazing what you can scrounge up these days. I would not have guess that special tools were required to take one apart, but they are so unusual looking that it is hard to guess what the process involves. I have never actually seen a Manufrance in person. Maybe one day.

Ted and I were discussing this rather interesting, though damaged gun yesterday. I had not heard of "dispersal barrels" before. https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/_C__...STING_HIGH_QUAL

You or Ted may have caught it but this gun on auction at Morphy's has the typical damage around the tang that indicates stock removal by someone who didn't know what they were doing.....never mind the through bolt.

Between the tang damage, the through bolt and the wood extension, that gun needs a restock. Too bad because I have an extra set of 12 gauge barrels in perfect condition that might have come in handy, it it could be had for the $750 opening bid. Also, as a grade 5, it has to be pre 1931.

Even in France the dispersal barrels are quite rare. Too bad.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/15/20 01:57 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia