Ha! I expect Wolfe may have done that solely for your benefit, George:-)

Just kidding, of course, but I am sorry for his passing and always enjoyed his total tongue in cheek irreverence for society's many facets w/fictional characters fair easy to relate to and in the case of his writing, I do believe that some of the technical flubs are intentional. Dunno that for sure; he was quite the NYC dandy.. w/southern origins & a wit I enjoyed as much as reading H.L. Mencken's assorted essay's and observations. Its good to take time out to laugh. I mostly do it when looking in the mirror at that feller who don't always agree w/me, but reading some works can cause me to do that also.

Sadly, there will be no further books of his forthcoming.

FWIW, found a big time gun flub in one of Cormac McCarthy's later works. It was in the opening portions of the one w/the guy that used a pneumatic livestock killer & it was in ref to a Mauser type rifle. His works, to that point, had been well proofed where arms are concerned. I consider that one a total failure of the technical proof reading prior to publication and the author drawing from an imprecise knowledge of the subject.