Originally Posted By: dblgnfix
You could place it in a micro wave with paper towels and you will be surprised at how much oil and how fast the oil comes bubbling out.

It sure will! But you have to be very careful when using this process. I was repeatedly microwaving forearm wood from an Ithaca Flues several years ago, and was amazed at how much oil was being absorbed by the toilet paper I had used to wrap it. I kept wrapping it in fresh paper, and zapping it some more, and the wood was getting very hot. Then I heard a fairly distinct crack from within the microwave, and found that my forearm had split lengthwise. Further cleaning with solvent removed enough oil that I was then able to glue the clean split, and it was all but undetectable. A happy ending, but it created extra work , and could have been avoided by just going slower and not letting the wood overheat.

You are smart to try to avoid the use of harsh solvents. They do remove original finish, and no matter what anyone says, organic solvents do degrade the cellular structure of the wood. Of course, so does the oil, but it is still best to minimize the use of solvents.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.