Mystery Magnum Mauser ID'd - belonged to Hoffman Arms Founder, Harry Snyder.

This one was a real puzzle? I thank all that helped.

I will answer any additional questions you might have.

This has a real strange feature. The action is an unmodified standard length Mauser action with 7-7/8" spacing between the trigger guard screws and it has a 1.410" diameter front receiver ring. However, the bolt is a "magnum length" bolt that is 3/8" longer than standard. So is this a standard, or a Magnum action?

overall rifle specifications are as follows:

double-set triggers - greener safety - standard flag safety - weight is 9 pounds 4 ounces ... 14-5/8" LOP ...
26-3/4" octagon-to-round barrel ... barrel mounted sling swivel ... interchangeable front site blade ... pop-up cheek-piece
red silvers recoil pad - buffalo horn forend tip - 32 lines / inch checkering ... 2-panel grip checkering ...... single panel "wrap-under" forearm checkering.

Here are some pictures. .. they are in order of the descriptions that I've written below.

..... overall pictures ... right and left ...

..... some details showing the trap grip cap ... engraving

..... the "Harry Snider" Gold signature on the floor-plate.

other pictures ....

left barrel flat is stamped "POLDI-ANTICORRO" .... and .... BEMESU (Bernard Merkel trademark) .... and .... "7 x 64" .... and "GERMANY"

left top angle flat is stamped ".30 H" ... (chamber cast shows 300 H&H caliber) and ... BBUNDEE ... and ... various Belgium Proofs.

left side of action forward ring has Belgium Proofs.

raised 1/4 rib has a large "2" engraved just forward of the receiver ... 1/4 raised rib has no rear sight. ...

there is a low full rib along the complete length of barrel transitioning into a front ramp. rib is matted full length.

rifle action has only the bases for a claw mount. there is one tapped hole added to the center of each claw base.

bolt handle is round bottom, oval shape with flat top that is engraved with a cross-hatched teardrop - bolt handle has Belgium Proofs.

barrel has serial number "17602" ... bottom of barrel has 2 letter stamps .... a "Z" and a "K" and a "1" - ahead of the action.

solid left wall action with no markings on the action except for a "tiny" inspection stamp on the bottom which I can't make out. (maybe "W" ?)

there are some small holes drilled into both sides of the front sight ramp.