I bought this rifle a few years ago because it appealed to me as a nice example of early-mid 20th century American gunmaking. I really know nothing about it other than I find it as intriguing, and for me, that's alot with respect to bolt rifles.

Anyway, I thought that I would post some photos of it when things are a bit slow and maybe someone here will recognize the maker from the checkering or inletting work.

It remains a .30-40 and it has the original barrel with superbly filled screw holes. That and the quality of the inletting and the sense of proportions suggests, to me, someone that did this a lot.

The barrel sight is it only unfortunate part - it is a Williams of more recent manufacture. I would like to replace it with something more appropriate.

I would also like to consider scoping the rifle. I think. With something appropriate to the vintage of course. I have a lot of external scopes, but I think a Lyman Alaskan or something like that might be a better choice in this case. I have no idea about mounts or even other scopes options. It does not look like an easy beast to fit with glassware.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]