You have been lucky or good to make money off saltwood guns. I never enter into a project and expect to turn a profit. I like projects for the outcomes, not for the resale value. In fact I rarely sell guns other than those I have sold lately at auction to trim down my pile so my wife and kids don't have to do it later. And to date I have sold only one or two project guns. The rest were low grade duplicates of guns I have several of.

I expect every gun maker who ever lived wished he could make guns to a higher finish level or fancier stocked gun than the market would bear. I constantly am reminded that makers were forced to bring out ever simpler, plainer, cheaper models to get more volume to stay alive. Fox would have been happy as a clam if his lowest graded gun was a C or higher. Graded guns were a blank canvas.

Your choice of engravers is perfect. It would be interesting what grade Browning was his favorite to engrave. Perhaps it was the Pointer. I look forwards of pictures of the finished project.