I think I need to expand a bit on my original post. Perhaps it was a knee jerk reaction to what some have said on this Thread. To begin with, my family and I are Traditional Catholics. We are not St Pius X Society however.

As to the abuse that has occurred, it is absolutely wrong and a sin against both man and God. No rational person would encourage or condone any such action(s). Did abuse happen, yes it has. Does it need to be corrected, absolutely. There needs to be a complete purge in the Church from the top down. That includes those who protected the abusers. It must stop and stop now. I'm afraid however this will take some time, especially with the present Pontiff.

That being said, there have been many priests who have been accused and found not guilty. Yet, you never hear about that, only that they have been accused. Some have been accused after they have been dead for years. Why? Money. Some misguided souls are seeing a gravy train and are jumping on it. When found out that they lied, no big deal, but the priests reputation has been ruined. For every rotten priest, there are many more who are good men who follow their vows and do great works for God. But you never hear about them.

I hear a lot of the "Institutional" Church, is it? Sure is, it's also a hierarchy. Does that mean it's all bad or corrupt, no. Is our democracy which is also institutional, bad and corrupt? Institutions are run by men, men are weak and some just plan bad. Does that mean the whole institution is bad, no.

The Church (and I do mean the RCC) was founded by Christ, but was and has been run by mortal men. Some good, some bad. But the good surely outweigh the bad.

The Church has survived for 2000 years and will continue. As Christ said to St Peter: "And the gates of hell shall not prevail against her".

I hope this explains a little from where I'm coming.

I also want to wish each of you and your families a very Blessed and Holy Easter. I do apologize if I have offended anyone by my original post.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret