Michael, my post asked if there was a trend. It doesn't tell another country how to govern. Members have been particularly cautious the last couple years to steer away from partisan politics and gun control compared to other years. I posted to do otherwise would be liked bayoneting the wounded in current circumstances.

It's true Canada and New Zealand see their constitutional rights differently. Our citizens hunt and shoot to their heart's content. We don't think of it as a constitutional right to be armed, as if firearms are weapons. And we don't, as noted above, think of our electorate and parliamentarians as quislings.

Still, none will quarrel that the board isn't as toxic as it was. That's an unprecedented trend in itself. keith's comment has merit. Adults should be able to discuss gun control ad infinitum if they wish---without accusations of treachery and treason of members with other opinions.

And, Michael, this is an international board with far more attention to correctness of behaviour by others than we see from Americans. You've been pleading for common decency as long as I can remember. Please don't apply now a different standard to me.