Originally Posted By: Goillini
I'd be curious to know what part of the Constitution you think Lincoln, our greatest President, didn't follow? I suppose you will make some sort of 10th Amendment argument? (I will grant you that his suspension of the writ of habeous corpus during the Civil War was constitutionally suspect).

Let me answer that question with a question, WHAT part of the constitution Did Lincoln follow. I can give you the answer real quick ________. (Them's Blanks).

One of his major unconstitutional was Ordering 75,000 troops to invade the South. He Wiggled around the fact that according to to the constitution only Congress could declare war by declaring a "Police Action" but he did not have constitutional authority even for that.

Few people are aware that "Neither Side" ever declared war.

As to leaving it to History, history was written by the North, who has lied to us for well over 150 years about all the "Facts" of that war.

Miller
Camp Comander, Camp 72, Son's of Confederate Veterans, TN Division, Starnes Brigade.
Proud G-Grandson of two gentlemen who wore the Gray, one in the 45th TN infantry, the other in the Starne/McLemore 4th TN Volunteer Cavalry.

Neither of these men Fought For Slavery, they fought to defend their homes & family from "Foreign Invaders".

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra