So, it is effective. Why do you feel the need to shoot 3" shells when folks killed turkeys for generations with 2.75" field loads? Point is who cares, other than you, what people legally shoot turkeys with? More power to you for what you want to use. You've been on a one man mission complaining about TSS since someone (Kyle Smith) first marketed kits for ducks and geese. Hundreds of handloaders have used it since. Ammo and gun company manufacturers took notice of what amateurs were doing with it. Federal now sells it. Winchester loads it for Browning. Apex markets it. Stevens makes a .410 for it. Henry now touts it. As for idiots bragging about it making 80 yard kills, I don't like that either. However, Winchester's earliest advertisements on lead Longbeards, your ammo choice, implied effectiveness to 70 yards. I have yet to read an account where it has damaged barrels. Ten years ago or more it's effect on barrels was uncertain. Since the early concerns, I have yet to read reports of damaged barrels. Steel shot in its inception raised the same concerns. You are set in your ways and I understand that. There have been a lot of changes in turkey hunting over the decades since you and I started. Videos, pop-up blinds, decoys, specialty loads, specialty shotguns, red dots, the commercialization of turkey hunting--all changes in how people hunt them. Folks can pick and choose how they do it.
I like to do it without blinds, decoys, or belly crawling to turkey in a field with a fan. However, I'd rather carry a shotgun weighing 3 lbs. 4 oz or one weighing under 6 lbs., than one weighing closer to 8 lbs which I used to hunt with. Forty years ago, I carried a Mag 10--12.75 lbs. loaded. Folks complaining about changes and bucking the tide are nothing new. That's why this forum has membership. Doubleguns, SXS, who needs them other than the majority of those who post here?