Originally Posted By: nca225
Seems to me that the hunters safety course is designed for the lowest common denominator. Perhaps making the course more intelllectually engaging and and the test more difficult with more questions about real life safety situations. Probably would help if it wasnt one and done, but rather a retesting requirement every 5 years.

Hunting, as a pastime, is safer, by a wide margin, than many sports and other outdoor activities. It is safer than bicycle riding, badminton, tennis, running, and any team sports.

Attempting to make it safer is noble, but, ignores the fact that perhaps that effort really belongs in other pastimes? When Im in the woods hunting, I am pretty much my own guardian, much different than when I am riding down WI. highway 35, on the shoulder on my bicycle, and at the mercy of drivers and their connected devices.

I suggest we could start with the use of a connected device in a motor vehicle while said vehicle is in operation being a felony, with an automatic 25 year sentence, and a minimum $150,0000 fine. The same crime, where a bystander is killed or injured, mandatory life sentence.

I believe this would make the world a far safer place than any remedial hunter safety courses.

Best,
Ted