As to noise in the turkey woods, a turkey has remarkable hearing. Bet you've busted more than one bird moving to one in the dark on the roost. At the first turkey sound a hunter makes, if he hears it, the gobbler knows to the tree where the sound came from. Not all noise spooks them all the time even on occasion walking under them in the dark. The noise of a shotgun blast sometimes spooks them, sometimes it doesn't. A turkey hears thunder often and maybe a shot sounds like a nearby lightning strike. I've shot enough birds to know that his nearby buddies sometimes will run; sometimes they won't and come in anyway. I've seen them stand around and spur the shot bird. Hunt'em enough and you'll see it. I've heard them gobble to a nearby shotgun blast and to a distant M1 Abrams firing from tank tables. But no one recommends singing "Turkey in the Straw" or "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" or randomly shooting the gun into the air as part of a hunter's bag of tricks. And, no, Frank, no one hovers at the keyboard for hours or loses sleep thinking of a response to your kindergarten level insults like "toad boy". Gil