Ted, my point about removing screws apparently is escaping you. Not a good idea to pull one of the couple screwdrivers I have out of my vehicle tool kit and go to work on a nice shotgun. You need the RIGHT screwdriver . . . and while I've got them at home, I don't carry them with me on a hunting trip. I did carry the tool to remove the bushings on my A&N (Webley & Scott) pair. It stayed right in the original motor case in which they resided, along with replacement strikers. But with a hand detachable sidelock, you don't need a screwdriver at all.

And if someone told you that Parker Repros sell for what they do based on their collectible value, they're pulling your leg. An original Parker 28 in almost any kind of shape, or any high grade original Parker, or even a Trojan or a VH that's in unusually good condition--yes. Repro--no, unless it's either unfired or one of the higher grade guns. The Repro 28's bring the money they do because original 28's bring ridiculous prices, and because they're darned nice hunting guns. Based on the number produced, a BSS Sidelock--especially in 20ga--ought to have far more collector value. But they're both Japanese guns--which don't tend to cause significant heart throbbing on the part of American collectors. Even though American hunters recognize them as darned good field guns. I've owned several Repro 28's loved to tote them around, have put quite a few rounds through them after grouse, woodcock, and quail. But I've since moved in the direction of light 20's, and Repro 20's ain't light.

And I got the Spanish sidelock for $1500 less than your average 20ga BSS Sidelock sells for. Orvis marketed the gun, and Grulla made it. Both give me a certain amount of confidence--as does the fact that I've had the locks off (without a screwdriver) and taken a look at the internals.