I know it's not going to be a collectors item and is certainly not worth the effort monetarily, but, as you pointed out, it is good practice and one of these days .....

and if not, it'll be like that old fellow down the street who was cutting down a tree. He was having a devil of a time and I stopped and offered to help him, he declined. I insisted, ... he stopped and looked me dead in the eye and said, "Alan, I've got the rest of my life to cut this tree down..."

I also like working on things that I really can't screw up. This Crescent fits nicely into that category.

That's kinda where I am on this shotgun. I've been moving it out of the way for a year now so I decided that since I sit around most days anyway, I could look like I'm doing something important just in case the Captain comes roun lookin for slackers.

I've been checking Numrich for a couple of weeks now and that particular commodity hasn't changed at all. I'll start looking on eBay. All you have to do with eBay is look once and they'll send you five or six emails a day.

I did cheat a bit on it and used a brass brush on some of the rust. The outside of the barrels is pitted some but the bores are clean by comparison. Much better than I anticipated. It's got one really dark spot near the muzzle on the left barrel.

Thanks for the reply. I'll surf eBay tonight.

Alan