I knocked boxlocks with integral strikers/tumblers, Larry, because if one breaks, you are out of the game that year. If I had to, I could service the striker in a Holland pattern sidelock. Fact is, I have a spare for the BSS, and it just takes a screwdriver to do it. I wont be repairing the integrated striker in a boxlock, however.
Has it occurred to you the subject here is a sidelock gun, not a boxlock? Further, that once the sidelock is out of the way, you have pretty easy access to the striker, something that is completely different in a boxlock? Disc set strikers are WAY more important in a boxlock, Larry.
Make a note of that. Your education continues.
Did you take a look at the spring Dewey repaired in the AYA, Larry? It was poorly made. That is not a cheap Spanish gun. I have a Spanish boxlock gun Larry, use it all the time, but, it cost me $400, and has disc set strikers AND the tool and spare strikers.
The Flynn article was done after he did a strip and clean to a customers BSS sidelock. He mentioned Abe Chaber in the article, as Abe agrees with Flynn about the BSS. Im going to guess people with sidelocks are a bit more religious about getting them serviced than the run of the mill boxlock or, pump owner.
Good wood is where you find it. Having great wood on a Parker, or, Parker reproduction wouldnt change the fact you are stuck with a Parker, a design Im not overly impressed with, ESPECIALLY small bore and single trigger versions.

Best,
Ted