I got wood, Larry:

BSS sidelock wood. Havent seen a Repro top this.

Yes, Mr. Flynn said the fluted comp was not an English feature. Did you read between the lines in the same article about his opinion of Spanish guns? Ever heard Kirk, Abe, or Dewey wax poetic about Spanish guns? I have a notion on reliability of either, based on what these guys, and a few others say. Dewey has a great repair article involving an AYA number 2 on his blog. It is not confidence inspiring.

Ive never seen a complaint about the mechanics or steel in a Japanese gun. Cant say that about Spanish guns, up and downscale.

I horse traded into my BSS, but Bob says he got into his for about what a BSS boxlock goes for.

I wish you all the luck in the world with the Grulla. Sometimes you need it on a Spanish gun.

No articulated triggers or bushed strikers on the BSS sidelocks, it would be nice, but, not truly necessary. I never said it was the best gun, but, it represents a heck of a buy for a sidelock with 2 3/4 capability. I can make the LOP work, I get it that some guys cant and wont put a pad on. No go for them.

Best,
Ted