I think they are selling well. I live relatively close to CSMC, and I've hand a chance to see a number of them up close. Unlike some of their other guns which were priced low to begin with to help recoup the investment in production, these guns were designed and intended to be an above-average entry level gun at a relatively modest price (at least in comparison to their other guns). Imagine it as a 21st century Fox Sterlingworth or Parker Trojan over/under equivalent. So, I wouldn't view the price being the same as the introduction as an indication of anything other than their baseline. The upgraded wood does seem to make a difference with some of the stocks being noticeably nicer with the extra cost. I can tell you that the gun handles nicely and is exceptionally balanced and lively. Personally, I think that in that price category, it is hard to beat -- but I've always been drawn to their guns and the story behind them. I've wondered if they will eventually come out with 28 gauge barrels for a combination set. The gun is nimble and lightweight enough that it would work well in that combination. I've owned several CSMC guns and I've been extremely satisfied with each.