Roughly a year ago there was conversation on this site about the CSMC Revelation O/U. At that time, it was a relatively new model and CSMC was offering it at an introductory price of $1,995 or $2,345 for upgraded wood. Interestingly, they are still offering it at the same prices. I dont know if thats because its selling well and they dont want to hurt demand by raising the price or because its selling poorly and they dont want to hurt whatever demand there is. Im aware of the negative stories out there about some of the companys products and am not trying to stir any mud. Just seeking an update on this model if anyone has formed an opinion.

What limited info I can find online comes in two types: Negative stuff from shooters who havent necessarily used one, mind you, but who say no way because of problems with some of the company's prior products. And positive stuff from gun writers who all praise it, some faintly and others more strongly, and who all seem to conclude that its a lot of gun for the money. But we all know the relationship between the hook-and-bullet press and the companies that make the stuff we want is, if not incestuous, at least conflicted. And its always possible the example the writer gets to try out received special attention before he gets it and isnt exactly the same as the one well get if we order one. Nevertheless, I see Gray's Sporting Journal, a reputable source in my book, has graced it with a Best of 2019 award.

https://www.csmcspecials.com/category_s/204.htm

So my question is, does anyone now have any experience with this gun they didnt have a year ago? Either because youve bought one, or at least shot or handled one? Or maybe someone you shoot with has one?