Lately I've been noticing some postings to the effect that the poster wasn't going to get something or do something because of his age.

Guys, life is short and there are no do overs. If you can swing it physically and it won't affect your ability to care for your self and your family, i say go for it. Take that trip, buy that gun, get that puppy, knife, etc.

When i was a kid, i used to read all the safari books by Peter Hathaway Capstick and others. And I'd talk to my dad about buying a double rifle and going to Africa on safari. My dad always encouraged me to do it, telling me to go just as soon as i was able, even if i had to borrow the money to do it. To his way of thinking, by the time i was ready, it might be too late, because Africa would be closed to hunting or some such thing.

As i got older, i lost interest in going to Africa, but I've kept my Dad's advice in mind and used it to take a couple nice trips to S. America for doves and ducks, couple to Canada and I'm working on one to Paraguay for pigeons. And when i see a shotgun or something i really want (within reason), i get it. Nearly every time I've put something like that off for whatever reason, when i came back for it, it was too late.

So, don't put off getting that puppy because he might outlive you. Get him, train him and hunt him and make arrangements for him just in case. Same with guns, knives, trips, etc. Get 'em, use them and enjoy them in the outdoors and shooting sports that we all here love. Just my opinion and as my friends in the legal profession say, "free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it."

Nothing the government gives you is free.