Well, as I sit in my ole man tree climber with my ancestors 1902 Hollenbeck drilling on my lap, Ive about given up on my goal of taking a mature white tailed buck with her and reporting the accomplishment on this thread. I can report some more minor gprogress. I finally worked up an accurate load for my.25-25 Stevens: 25 grains,by volume, Black Horn 209, black powder substitute. The 86 grain cast alloy bullets were accurate but so was the Sierra 87 grain soft point, with under one inch groups at 50 yards, only with unclean bore ( welcome to BH 209!) I get very consistent velocities at over 1700 FPS with the Sierra and have settled on that. With my 1.5x6 Zeiss scope with pivot mount sighted into my .25-25 Stevens, I was able to work up my 30-30 Winchester insert and sight it into the scope . I settled on leverevolution powder, 35.5 grains ( identical to Hornady Leverevolution factory load) and found the Hornady 160 grain FTX bullet most accurate, 1 1/2 inch group at 100 yards, 2505 FPS with my 28 insert! Both rifles hitting a little over an inch apart at 100 yards. I was able to take a 100 # doe at 65 yards with the 30 30 Winchester which my Techel (German wire haired dachshund) tracked about 60 yards through brush. Then I took an 80 # boar hog at 40 yards with the .25-25 Stevens, it also only ran about 60 yards. Both shots with clear exit wounds. Finally I shot at but did not recover a large coyote using the .55-55 Hollenbeck ( thats when both rifle barrels go off simultaneously! Opps)
Otherwise I did obtain my FFL type 08 to import and I plan to help Tobi Nisse, German Gun dealer/ gunsmith and good friend , import 200 German hunting guns per year, mostly drillings! Save the guns!