Hi Ted- hope you are making progress with your vision, and next Fall (or sooner) will find you A-OK- and the MN grouse will hear from you in season-

You mention that no gauge calls for choke tubes like the .410- I tend to agree,even though I have never owned a .410, and at my age, would most likely not buy one- But somehow in my misc gun parts inventory, I- have a Mint condition Lyman Cutts Full choke tube for the .410 gauge. 100& blue, threads 100%- I went to Corson's website, see that he had one for $100.00

I am going to post my FS on the proper sector here- just FYI.
and I have enjoyed watching the Dave Currie shooting videos here, even the ones with the driven pheasants and the .410 O/U guns.

Do you know what make and model 12 bore O/U Dave shoots? Looks like a Browning, lots of engraving, 32" barrels is my guess. I really enjoy the George Digweed videos, just a barrel chested farm lad with a Perrazi O/U-- I can't believe the ranges at which he dumps pigeons and crows-- Wow.

When I took my M12 in 28" gauge (payment on a debt) my friend also had 2 of them with factory installed Cutts compensators. I accepted the 1939 field grade, 26" solid ribbed, WS-2 chokes, 2&7/8" chambers- at that time, he felt that the other 2 were worth way more, as the Cutts were factory installed, and he had the order card copies to verify this, supposedly. Today, Cabela's Gun Library will not buy ANY shotgun with a Cutts, Poly-Choke or other less well known muzzle device. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..