E330 - I understand that there is only one WR - past, present, and for the foreseeable future. They are ace machinists and engineers, among other skills. However, they did some cheap sleeving of cheap guns in the, oh, say, '50's and '60's. They needed money. Who would have ever imagined that the world would ever care about some boxlock that could be bought for a few £, put back in service for a few more £, and sold for a few £ profit. Yet, guns that have moldered for 50-100 years are suddenly valuable. I'm not aware of any sleeving work done in India or Missouri. What information do you have on this?

Ted - far as I can read, Ken rejected the Purdey based on #1 - he wants a highly original gun with as much OE finish as $25K can buy, #2 - the price and thesleeved barrels didn't go together; appears that SB agrees, but we will see how that works out. Don't see where anyone said it was a bad/unsafe sleeving job. Maybe it was too good to be left unmarked as the average Purdey buyer would not detect it. I'd bet there has been at least one snippy call from SB to whoever/wherever he bought this gun!!