Roger,
I have not seen the gun but keep a few things in mind when it comes to value on a double rifle.

Caliber is extremely important, black powder rifles commanding far less on market than their nitro counterparts. The .450 BPE is a wonderful round but the number of buyers is far less than for a Nitro gun. Nitro guns in .450 are real dangerous game guns, the bpe version is more suited to thin skinned game. Nothing wrong with a .450 BPE, I just bought one myself, just realize the difference on the market.

Continental guns do not bring near what English guns do money wise. Just way less buyers. That means as a buyer you get more for your money. A good thing but keep in mind you do want to paying English gun prices.

Configuration is important, scoped back action hammer BPE rifles are a bit of an oddity. You sure do not see many. Lots of us are getting older and could utilize a scope but to be honest I think it puts off many buyers.

Lastly, it is a buyers market.

Pictures could change my mind. Certain guns bring a premium, this could be one of those.

Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns