Originally Posted By: Stan
Was that an accusation.............. or an admission? Hard to tell.

SRH

Wouldn't be a good thing, Stan, for an outdoor writer to be caught exceeding the possession limit. When I lived in Iowa and we were the #1 pheasant state in the country--and I had the time and the inclination to do a lot of hunting--the only way I could stay under the possession limit was by giving birds away. Fortunately, several of the landowners who let me hunt their farms liked pheasant. One of them had enough kids for his own baseball team. Also people at work when I was teaching at Iowa State; soldiers in my Army Reserve unit, etc.

And that was as a resident, with a kitchen in which to cook them and a wife to help eat them. As a nonresident, the only issue I've had was with woodcock, especially back when the possession limit was 6. (And I never hunted as a nonresident for much longer than a week at a time.) Fortunately, woodcock are small. My hunting partners and I stayed in a resort cabin with cooking facilities and would have a woodcock feed or two before heading home.

Looks like the poster has hit upon an excellent solution. Just interested to hear how he does it for a month's worth of hunting.

And by the way, Dustin . . . I agree that the individual to whom you refer deserved to be caught.

Last edited by L. Brown; 12/26/18 10:34 AM.