I do not know how many season my father hunted. Growing up in the Great Depression I expect it was more about feeding a family than hunting as we think of it. As a kid I remember him and his brother taking quail over his pointers or his brothers setters. One with a A5 and the other with a .410 double. In those days the daily limit was 10-12 birds depending which state you were hunting in, Maryland, Delaware or Virginia. In a 20 mile circle they could hunt in all three states, taking limits in each. I wish I had been old enough to hunt with them. 30 plus coveys a day, with birds in so many places you could let them rest once you took a few bird out of them. You never had to ask permission to hunt.

I don not know when he started but he was still taking a limit of Dove into his early nineties. Call it 80 years plus or minus a couple. He is no longer able to hint but we did enjoy my son send pictures of a couple black ducks he and his girl friend shot this week. That boy is 18 years and counting.