Joe, Not a matter of fault. John Browning grew tired of Winchester buying his designs only to never make them. Im sure he expected future redesigns or a Royality. Winchester bought his designs so no one else could compete with his designs they already owned and made. Had a heart attack not occurred, Browning arms might never have been a company, importer or anything else. We'd see more Remington made Browning designs.

Original issues of this post were American Design and American made. If you want to split hairs, which you never do, the 3200 is both but not for the reason most think. The 3200 is not really much to deal with the 32. The Remington 32 is mostly a upgraded copy of a French design as I remember. The 32 was the inspiration for all Kreighoffs k32, k80 and do on.

I use to own a early version of a gun which predates Kreighoff K32. Mine had heavy Germanic engraving and was exactly like the Remington 32 in every way. It was a Europia. I think it was made under contract by Kreighoff. The Kreighoff K32 is a improved copy of the Europia which was a copy of the Remington 32.

The 3200 is not really a copy of the Remington 32 or K32. The barrels are open in the middle, there is a receiver hood and it has two barrels but everything else is different. So in the end the 3200 is technically an American designed and American made gun. Ive owned many of them in the past but am now down to six or eight of them.