MN Joe,

I toyed with this for 5 minutes a while back. It CAN be done, but as a practical matter really isn't a great choice unless you just feel like a new challenge. As was said above, you CANNOT use Sabot slugs, which are meant for rifled shotgun barrels (I know...I know...which makes them basically a rifle.) You want the old type Foster slug, like Remington Slugger, for example. These are mde for smooth bores, and will fire through any choke safely because the projectile is considerably smaller than the bore. It is the flexible plastic "fins" which yhe projectile sits in front of that keep it centered in the tube. These fins will bend through any choke.

As a practical matter, though, a rib and single centered front bead dont make for very good sighting for "aiming small." This is one area an over and under would offer an advantage.

My general disposition is to use shotguns as shotguns, and rifles as rifles. The lone exception to this being a turkey shotgun which is set up with rifle sights and "aimed" accordingly.

NDG