I use a TuffPak take down case. I just finished packing it to take my USAF daughter her guns in the morning. She is back in the USA after being overseas.

My TuffPak is 17 lbs empty. I have it decorated in stickers that don't scream gun. I pack the guns then add luggage in soft cases for extra padding.

I came back from Vegas once with the TuffPak and an Americase double gun case. The TuffPak showed up in the baggage carousel. The Americase was missing. I tracked it down to the baggage agents. They had pulled it aside because they knew it had guns. The guns in the TuffPak were worth twice the guns in the Americase. Go figure.

TuffPaks don't look like gun cases. I also have used a cheap SKB golf bag hard case from Dick's Sporting Goods with good results. I had rifles and they didn't fit the smaller TuffPak.

There are full length TuffPaks. I have seen dealers use them as shipping containers between shows. Never any damages they have said.

My thoughts,

Joe
In Charlotte, but headed to Sacramento. Anybody want to shoot? I'll need a loaner SxS.