Originally Posted By: King Brown
My brother, retired oil-rig chief engineer, went to his Cuban doctor in a rural area of the province. He prescribed a $5 generic drug, replacing the brand name his deceased doctor had prescribed. "You don't need the $30 one," he said, "this is just as good." There's considerable cross-border trade for drugs in Canada.

What is your point?? And what does your brother being a retired oil rig chief engineer have to do with your story??? Is his job of some significance here? Ive noticed over the years that you absolutely love either name dropping or adding a title to that persons name as if it increases the odds of people believing you.
You think a doctor or a pharmacist do things different here in the USA? Doctors prescribe drugs all the time, they usually prescribe it using the drugs generic or chemical name, here in the USA, most pharmacist and insurance companies give the pt the option to use or purchase a brand name or generic. Dr. prescribes a 800mg ibuprofen, when you go to the pharmacist, your most likely getting the generic, not brand name Advil.
Drugs are expensive, they are expensive to research, develop, test, and it takes years. Patent protection is used so the company has a chance to make a profit and recoup all of their expenses accrued during the drugs development. Nothing wrong with that. I like good Gunsmith work, its expensive as hell and thats bullshit, I want all of the Gunsmiths to lower their prices by 65% and get on the same page and be reasonable. I want Bertram to charge me the same price to restore my gun as bubbas garage general gun repair would charge me. Sound good?

Last edited by LeFusil; 10/13/18 12:28 PM.