Hello Forum,

Its been 6 or 7 years since Ive flown commmercial with guns in my luggage and Im reaching out for any insights from those who do so frequently or more recently than me.

My first concern is my choice of cases. I loaned my dedicated 2-gun breakdown case to my brother who lives too far to retrieve and given that Im flying out early next week, hes not able to ship it back to me in time for this trip...

So, I am left with a traditional Browning O/U hard sided case that does have 2 locking latches. Its the commonly seen brown case with brass reinforced corners and brown soft interior. Secondly, I have my original Parker Repros Emmebi which also has 2 locking latches. Both cases will fit in a separate bottom compartment of my fairly sturdy but soft rolling duffel (G. Loomis). My immediate question is whether the latch locking mechanisms are acceptable by the airlines / TSA? Had no problems with these type of locks or rolling combo locks in the past..

Im not wild about using either case as they will not offer the same protection as purpose built airline cases e.g., Americase aluminum or Pelican type plastic but, the ones I have fit in my luggage and I can pad around them for a little more protection.

So, back to the question,, will either of my cases be acceptable upon inspection at the airport. Flying Delta from AUS to IAD.. Thanks much for any suggestions and firsthand knowledge..

- Jerry