"What you claim is not only unusual, but it would be anathema to the foundation of the Catholic Church, or any other Christian religion. So give us the name and phone number of even one senior cleric at St. Francis Xavier University who doesn't believe in the Resurrection, and who would Baptize an adult convert who said that out loud, during the questions pertaining to faith in the basic tenets of the Church, directly preceding his Baptism.

And what would be the point of converting in the first place... to a religion that celebrates the Resurrection during Communion at every Mass? Why would someone who felt that Jesus was a mere mortal wish to participate in something he felt was a fairy tale? By repeating this bullshit, you have dishonored your Father either way, because if it was true, you'd be telling us that he lied when answering the questions preceding Baptism. An adult convert answers those questions himself. The ONLY other possibility would be if he was incapacitated and Baptized when he was in an unconscious state. I do not believe that your Father lied, or was unconscious, so that leaves one other possibility."

Well stated! My family and I are Traditional Catholics (but not St Pius X Society). My wife is a convert and she never had any priest tell her it's okay not to believe this or that on any Church teachings. As the saying goes, you take the whole loaf. In short, if she didn't accept what the Church taught, they didn't want her to convert until she did and above all believed what the Church teaches in her heart. It's all spelled out in the CCC.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret