Originally Posted By: Tom C
I find it interesting that a number of commentators on this site can not make a point without using derogatory names and terms. They must think that name calling strengthens their argument. For me, it immediately devalues the point they are trying to make. I challenge all of you to make your arguments without name calling. Your arguments will in-fact be stronger. I know it can be difficult. It is for me.

A few weeks ago, while on an annual musky fishing trip to Minaki, Canada I said something that I regretted. It was during a game of 4-handed cribbage and after a few Perfect Manhattans. One of the gentlemen was someone I didn't know well but was a friend of my good friend. Booze, politics and religion should never be mixed. When this gentleman made the comment “Robert Mueller is Satan reincarnated” I quickly said “you must be a fucking idiot!” Yes, I said it. I was rude and wrong for saying that. Regardless of what he believes, there is no justified reason for name calling. I later apologized and the apology was accepted.

My behavior seems to be all too common in todays charged political environment. I am going to try to do my small part to change it.

Yes, I have voted primarily Democratic since George Bush Jr's second term. That means I voted Republican for about 41 years and Democratic for 13 years. You can call me what you want. Here is what I believe on the BV subject. I believed her and did not believe him. He is an incredibly intelligent man with the professional qualifications that would make a good SCJ. I did not believe him because of his emotional plea which was certaining heart felt. I believe his emotional response was because of his fear of what if would do to his family and professional life and because of a strong desire to be on the SC. Those are strong motivating factors. She had nothing to gain unless you are a conspiracy believer. Yes, the Democrats may have slowed the process down on purpose because of the upcoming mid-terms but I believe he did it and she is telling the truth.

I am ready to accect the findings of the FBI.

So if the FBI finds nothing... AGAIN. Does that change your opinion of her or him?

And I don't agree with you that she has nothing to gain. No conspiracy here.