Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Try it and see what happens. With those rifles you can't hurt anything.

If you have nothing useful to offer Billy, why don't you just go back to supporting the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrat politicians you vote for and love so dearly. A gun guy who votes for politicians with anti-gun voting records is about as intelligent as a parent who would hire a convicted pedophile to babysit their kids. But that's you Billy.

Mike, I wasn't certain myself about the Brownell's Kinks book's recommendations for changing the process for hot blueing guns with high nickel content in their steel. I also don't know how high the nickel content is when it creates problems. I've used Brownells 3 1/2% nickel steel rod to TIG weld bolt handles and the trigger guard of a German Herman Eichhorn 16 ga. sidelock double. But I didn't follow up those jobs with hot salts blueing.

Chuckster, I know that the Wickliffe actions were investment cast, as are many Ruger parts, but I'd be surprised to hear that the Mauser 66S actions were. My Mauser 66S, which has barrels in .243 Win. and .30-06, is in almost unfired condition. Strangely, the plum coloration on the action is only on the front receiver ring. The rest of the action is a perfect deep blue black.

I was advised by Doug Woodin PA24, shortly before he passed away, to try his rust blueing solution on my Wickliffe, as he said it worked well on some lever actions that are prone to turning plum, but I just haven't gotten around to that project yet

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.