I see Larry Clown resorting to some of the same tactics he attempted to get away with in the January 2107 "Lead and Condor Deaths" thread.

Larry got busted attempting to put words in my mouth which I never said, and he even went so far as to selectively (and dishonestly, in my opinion) edit the position and mission statement from the Audobon Society to bolster his false assertion about their position on the use of lead ammunition. When he got caught doing that, did he man-up and admit it? Hell no! Instead he attempted to blame craigd for leaving some words out of the same Audobon statement which in no way affected the point from Larry he was refuting. But the words Larry edited out absolutely and directly affected the false assertion he had made.

In the 800x Powder Thread where this brouhaha between Miller and Larry started, take a look at Larry's post #521009.

Link to Page with Larry Clown" post #521009

In the second paragraph, we see the results from Larry's precious test asserting that "The shooters did not know what they were firing, but were merely required to give marks for recoil. They were unanimous in assigning the lowest recoil to the cartridges with the fastest-burning powder".

But then, in the same post... in the fourth paragraph, we have Larry making this curious statement about the difference between shells loaded with both fast and slower burning powder... presumably with the same shot charge and velocities:
" As noted here, the slow-burning powder produces a lower peak recoil, which some people may feel is advantageous."

So once again, we have Larry expecting us to believe him, or even understand him when he is on both side of an issue. Then Miller busted him on his incorrect and false assertion in the same paragraph concerning a multiplier of 1.75 for powder weight in Hatcher's calculation for recoil.

Don't expect Larry to acknowledge that he provided false or conflicting information. That will never happen. If it ever did, we'll also be seeing threads about the best shot sizes for pigs that fly.

I'm not sure what Miller hopes to accomplish here, but I love it. I have learned that Larry can never admit when he is wrong even when the evidence is overwhelming or can be directly quoted verbatim. I'll bet Larry can go on for days or weeks attempting to twist what Miller says. And I'm just waiting for him to start attempting to discredit Miller because he is not a professional ballistician. That is what he did with craigd and I in that 2017 thread where Larry and BrentD clung to their junk science full of glaring discrepancies, to support their personal bias against lead ammunition use by deer and waterfowl hunters. In that thread, actual published extremes and very conflicting lethal blood lead levels in eagles didn't matter to Larry and BrentD. So why would actual measured or accurately calculated recoil energy matter now versus perceived felt recoil? If I shoot a big charging bear with a powerful rifle, and don't recall the kick, does that mean there was no recoil? If my own experience is any indicator, Larry may cry to Dave Weber in an attempt to get this thread locked. Then Larry's older brother King may jump into the fray with his support for Larry. Or Larry may repeatedly denigrate Miller, and then announce to us that he will be utilizing the IGNORE function to IGNORE Miller. If that should happen, Miller should be so lucky to have Larry actually keep his word about that too.

Just my opinion as always... based entirely on what I have seen here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.